Facts and Figures
- There are over eleven million people with a limiting long term illness, impairment or disability in Great Britain.
- The most commonly-reported impairments in the UK are those that affect mobility, lifting or carrying.
- The prevalence of disability rises with age. Around 6 per cent of children are disabled, compared to 15 per cent of working age adults and 45 per cent of adults over State Pension age in the UK.
- Over a quarter
of disabled people say that they do not frequently have choice and control over
their daily lives.
(Figures courtesy of the Office for Disability Issues)
You can read more on this in our Impact Report. In 2015/16:
- Our Direct Payments Support Service supported 569 people to access a Direct Payment.
- Our Information and Advice Service supported 1,699 people over 4,406 separate enquiries.
- We provided Payroll and Banking Administration to 1,606 people.
- Lend a Hand provided care and support to 179 customers.