Customer privacy notice
Our contact details
Data protection officer: Tyne Gaskell, Head of People
Address: Independent Lives, Ground Floor, Southfield House, 11 Liverpool Gardens, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1RY
Telephone: 01903 219482
The kind of personal information we collect
Depending on which Independent Lives service you access we may collect and process some or all the below information:
- Personal identifiers and contacts (for example, your name and contact details)
- The personal identifiers of people associated with your support or care (for example, names of contact details, of doctors, carers, or family)
- Sensitive information like medical records, care plans or other associated information
- Financial information like banking records or credit card information
- Records associated with the service we provide you, for example a record of your contact with us or notes made while supporting you
- Information used for monitoring diversity
- How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To effectively manage and deliver our services
- To communicate effectively with our customers
- To monitor and improve the delivery of our services
We work closely with social services, the NHS and others, to ensure that customers receive a comprehensive service. As such, we may need to share customer information with them where necessary. We will be clear why the information is being shared and who is involved. We will gain consent in advance wherever possible.
In some cases information may be shared without customers knowing about it. This might be the case where telling customers about the sharing would be likely to prejudice a criminal investigation or prevent a person at risk receiving proper protection. This will always be done in accordance with our safeguarding policies.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
- We have a legitimate interest
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us using the details at the top of this page if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us using the details at the top of this page.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Last updated: 1 June 2022