Recruitment privacy notice
Our contact details
Data protection officer: Patrick Maher, Director of finance and ICT.
Address: Independent Lives, Ground Floor, Southfield House, 11 Liverpool Gardens, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1RY
Telephone: 01903 219482
The kind of personal information we collect
When you apply for a job with Independent Lives we collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers and contacts (for example, your name and contact details)
- The personal identifiers of people associated with your application (for example from the reference details you provide)
- Sensitive information like any criminal records you may have or details of a disability
- Information used for monitoring diversity
- How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To effectively manage our recruitment process
- To communicate with applicants
- To monitor and improve our recruitment procedures
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
- We have a legitimate interest
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us using the details at the top of this page if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us using the details at the top of this page.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Last updated: 1 June 2022