We help people of all ages across the UK with all kinds of Personal Budgets

Independent Lives is commissioned by West Sussex County Council and Croydon Borough Council to work with residents who have a Personal Budget. Find out more about Personal Budgets.

We can also help you if you have a Personal Health Budget, Education and Health Care Plan, Individual Service Fund, or Managed Account. If you employ or want to recruit a Personal Assistant we also work with you.

If you live outside of West Sussex or Croydon we offer Payroll Plus  - where you can purchase a bundle of services directly: Payroll, Banking, and Information, Advice & Support Services for people with a Personal Budget who employ Personal Assistants.

How we will work with you

We can support you face-to-face, via Zoom and over the phone. You can also access guidance, templates and other resources.

  • Our advisers are available via phone and email from 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
  • You can phone us on: 01903 219482. Please select option 2.
  • You can email us at [email protected]

What to expect

You can choose to receive your Personal Budget as a Direct Payment made to you by the council or NHS. Education and Health Care Plan Personal Budgets are paid directly to your school or college.

For West Sussex residents

If you live in West Sussex we can work with you to help you manage your Direct Payment.

When you first start on Direct Payments we will allocate you a named adviser who will visit you at your home and provide you with one-to-one support for up to a year. Your adviser will explain all the options available and give you the information and advice you need to learn how to manage your Direct Payment and recruit and manage care staff.

Once you are up and running, we will send you regular news and updates and you can access support, advice and information from our Information and Advice team whenever you need it.

For Croydon residents 

Independent Lives is delighted to now offer services in Croydon! The new Croydon Personal Assistant Support Service starts on the 2nd December 2019. We will help you if you need advice and support to recruit and employ a PA or if you want to become a PA. Find out more.

We can also help you: