The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free support service to help people in vulnerable situations in the event of a power cut and is free to join.
You are eligible to join the PSR if you:
- have reached your state pension age
- are disabled or have a long-term medical condition
- are recovering from an injury
- have a hearing or sight condition
- have a mental health condition
- are pregnant or have young children
- have extra communication needs (such as if you don’t speak or read English well).
You might still be able to register for other reasons if your situation isn’t listed. For example, if you need short-term support after a stay in hospital.
The easiest way to be added to the PSR is to contact your energy company. If you use a different company for gas and electricity, you will need to contact them both.
Your energy network operator (the people who supply the energy to your company) will also have a PSR which you can be added to, just ask the person you contact at your energy company to help you with this.
For more information, please visit the OFGEM website.