If you are employed as a care worker and are using your own car to provide care in the community (for example, visiting clients in their own homes), you may be entitled to claim an income tax refund using the Care Worker Tax Rebate service.

If you have only been travelling between your home and a single, fixed place of work (such as a care home) then you will not be eligible for a tax refund under the Care Worker Tax Rebate scheme.

The claim can be backdated for the past four years, so it does not matter if you have dipped in and out of community/domiciliary care during that time. Our team of expert claims advisors will determine your eligibility for a tax refund in order to make sure that you’ve paid no more tax to HMRC than you are legally required to.

Additionally, claiming through the Care Worker Tax Rebate scheme will not cost your employer anything as any tax rebate that you are awarded will be recovered directly from HM Revenue & Customs.

To find out more and to see if you're eligible for a Tax Rebate, please click here.