Independent Lives is proud to launch the Friends of Independent Lives membership study 2023. The study gives a snapshot of the key issues impacting disabled people and carers in 2023.
The study brings together views and experiences from 52 members of the disability and caring community. The study has been explored in a 28-page report revealing common themes faced by the people Independent Lives support. Members told us about:
- Their frustration with the system
- Their worries about isolation and mental health
- The lack of social opportunities (especially for working age adults)
- Their desire to be treated as an individual
- The difficulties of recruiting and retaining personal assistants
Independent Lives are reviewing all comments received to inform existing service provision, and potential new services. The organisation will report back to members on activities planned and actions taken.
The findings are also being shared with other health and social care professionals, including representatives from the NHS, to increase understanding and awareness.
Download the Friends of Independent Lives membership study.